Here is my latest completed design project. The goal was to create a comfy cozy banquette nook. Follow the project from start to finish below.
Client’s request: Built-in bench/ banquette style seating for their growing family. A space to accommodate cozy family meals and work as an entertaining space for family gatherings.
The Design challenge:
- Create a cozy nook with a 30″ high table and chairs and bench.
- The space was large but the clients wanted the built in the wrap the whole area
- Windows are low, too low for seat backs. The windows aren’t centered, in fact it’s a two sided window bay vs three.
- The style: wanted Southern charm.
- Storage, if I could fit it in
- Oh yea, complete before baby #3 arrives!
The client’s inspiration photos: